Thursday, March 1, 2007

By Any Means Necessary




This week both groups are putting the finishing touches on their Brand Identity. The new design students came up with the brand name "CURIOUS". They feel like they have alot of questions that dont have any answers, and they are right. They want to use a question mark for their logo, so I had to coach them and make sure they sta
y away from the branding of guess.
They are all getting used to the printing technique, Danny from El Puente was helping me print some Dance For peace Tees this week (be sure to check them out at
www.1souldesigns.com/danceforpeace).

I made a very dissapointing discovery this week when i learned that some of the students did not know about Malcom X. It broke my heart, they couldn't tell me more than that they had
heard the name before.


So.... I had to do it folks, I had to bring a Spike lee joint and Let these kids know.
I felt like Spike's adaptation of the Alex Haley book was something they had to see. So we had a lil movie Night at the studio this week. I had them take notes during the movie and jot down any quotes or saying or visuals they would want to use on a shirt and then they can design something around that. So I cant wait to see what the got out of the movie, and I know you can't either...stay tuned!


1 comment:

NaTi said...

school em Mikey! Can't wait to see their fresh take on it!